Master of Science (Accounting) - Research
Students are required to:
- Register and pass two (2) pre-requisite courses, i.e. SZRZ6014 Research Methodology and SCLE6014 Academic Writing with at least a B grade before they can pursue their research work.
- Defend their proposal to a Committee, which comprises a chairperson and at least one examiner appointed by the School, as per requirement below:
- Students must submit two (2) copies of their research proposals to the School at least 2 weeks prior to the proposal defence session;
- The examiner(s) should provide written comments and recommend the status of the proposal at the end of the session;
- Students are required to make amendments based on the comments and suggestions given by the examiner(s); and
- The research proposal should comprise the following chapters:
- Chapter 1 : Background of the Study, Problem Statement, Research Questions, Research Objectives, Scope of the Study, and Significance of the Study.
- Chapter 2 : Literature Review
- Chapter 3 : Research Methodology
- Research Framework
- Hypotheses/ Propositions Development
- Attend a viva voce session to defend their thesis, per requirement below:
- Upon approval from their supervisor(s), students should fill “The Intent to Submit Form (ITS)” and submit it to the School together with two (2) copies of the thesis;
- Students will be informed of the viva voce session by the School;
- Students have to pay the viva voce fee before the session takes place.
- Submit a written thesis:
- Students should make corrections with guidance from the supervisor(s) based on comments and suggestions given by the examiners during the viva voce session.
- Before binding the final thesis, students should obtain approval (or signature) from the School for certification of the thesis.
- The thesis should be prepared in three (3) copies (two in hard cover and one in loose copy), all of which are to be submitted to the School.