The programmes will focus on theory and practice of designing and building hardware and software systems for a wide range of purposes; processing, structuring, and managing various kinds of information; doing scientific studies using computers; making computer systems behave intelligently; creating and using communications and entertainment media; finding and gathering information relevant to any particular purpose, and so on. Accordingly, the programme s aim to produce graduates who are knowledgeable, competitive and skills in theory and practice of computer science or information technology to deal with an organization's computing needs.
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence
- Business Performance Management
- Cloud Computing
- Computer Forensics
- Data Mining
- Database Design & Technology
- Decision Analysis
- E-Business & E-Commerce
- Genetic Algorithm
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Management
- Information System
- Information Technology Transfer (Innovation, Adoption, Acceptance)
- Intelligent System
- IT & Social Impact
- IT Policy
- IT Strategic Planning
- Knowledge Management
- Management Information System
- Mobile AdHoc Networks
- Mobile Applications
- Network Performance
- Network Security
- Simulation and Modeling
- Software Architecture
- Software Design & Development
- Software Engineering Process
- Software Quality
- Software Requirement Engineering
- Web Engineering
People who viewed this also viewed
Semester 1: 30th June
Semester 2: 30th November
UUMKL & Other Centres:
Semester 1: 30th June
Semester 2: 30th November
Semester 3: 30th March
Semester 1: 30th May
Semester 2: 31st October
*International applicants are encouraged to apply at least three months before deadline
1. Research Proposal (for Programme by Research):
Masters - 1,000 to 1,500 words
PhD - 1,500 to 2,000 words
2. Applicants without professional qualification (Bachelor of Education/ Diploma in Education/Certificate of Education) are required to attend and pass the courses as required by the University.
3. PhD applicants need to attend interview related to field of study being applied.
1. For sponsored applicant : Letter of Undertaking
2. For self sponsored :
- Master candidate: Minimum balance of USD5,000.00 in own account
- Doctoral candidate : Minimum balance of USD10,000.00 in own account
PG Programme Coordinator
School of Computing
Universiti Utara Malaysia
06010 UUM Sintok
Kedah Darul Aman, Malaysia.
All International postgraduate students should meet any one of the following English Language requirements set by the University before they are accepted for admission.
For direct admission, International Postgraduate Students must have obtained one of the following:
- 550 in the TOEFL Paper Based Test; OR
- 80 in the TOEFL Internet Based Test; OR
- Band 6.0 in the IELTS; OR
- A degree from any Public University in Malaysia with English as a language of instruction; OR
- A degree from any of the countries below where English is the language of instruction in their educational system.
Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Botswana, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Island, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guam, Guernsey, Guyana, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, U.S Virgin Islands, Uganda, United Kingdom, USA, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
If students do not meet any of the above English requirements, they must sit for the Intensive English course as a preparatory course, which will be conducted by the UUM, School of Languages, Civilization and Philosophy and subsequently pass the English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT).
If students fail the ELPT, they must register and repeat the Intensive English Course before retaking the ELPT. Following the new ruling by the Malaysian Immigration Department effective from 1 January 2014, students must fulfil the English requirement for admission into their respective program within the validity period of the student visa which is one (1) year.
Failure to meet the entry requirements will result in termination of study.
Intensive English Course will be offered three (3) times a year, which will be in the month of September, February and June. Students are required to register and follow the Intensive English Course before sitting for the ELPT and obtain a passing grade of Band 5.5 for undergraduates and Band 6.0 for postgraduates before they are allowed to register for programmes.
English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT)
The ELPT is a test designed to assess the English language proficiency of international students in UUM. ELPT is compulsory for all international students who do not meet the English language requirements set by the university.
Rules and regulations:
1. All international students who do not meet the minimum English requirements must sit for the ELPT which will be administered at the end of Intensive English Course. Students who failed to attend the ELPT on the specified dates will be automatically graded as FAIL in which it will have to repeat their Intensive English Course.
2. Students who arrive/plan to arrive after the date of the ELPT will not be allowed to register. Registration can only be done during the subsequent semester.
International students who fail the ELPT:
A Pass grade in the ELPT is a requirement for graduation.
The Intensive English Course is exempted for the following students:
i. students who graduated from UUM and want to further their studies in UUM;
ii. students who had their studies terminated in UUM but later re-applied to pursue their undergraduate studies in UUM, and had already followed Intensive English Course and obtained a passing grade in the ELPT. The results are valid for two (2) years;
Intensive English Course for International Students
The Intensive English Course for International Students is a course designed for international students to develop their confidence and competence in using English in social and academic environments. This course is especially tailored to fulfil the needs of students who have not demonstrated an acceptable level of English proficiency upon entrance into the University. This includes:
i. those who do not fulfil the entry requirement but later produced acceptable IELTS/TOEFL score that was obtained after the date of EPT.
This course aims to develop the specific language skills in social and academic settings targeting the listening, reading, writing, and speaking competencies. It will highlight the importance of social and communication skills in and outside of the classroom. Hence, students also will be involved in extracurricular activities such as educational trip, language and culture day, sports day, family day and etc. Apart from learning the language structures and vocabulary, students will have opportunities to refine their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Students will also be able to apply the skills appropriate for working individually and in groups.
Students are allowed to take the Intensive English Course for up to three (3) times within the duration of the validity of their visa which is in one (1) year.
Payment for the Intensive English Course for one semester is RM2880 and it is included in the student’s tuition fees during the first semester.
Results of ELPT
The results of the ELPT will be announced officially by the UUM, School of Languages, Civilization and Philosophy University to Student Affairs Department for Undergraduate students and via the UUM Portal for Postgraduate Students.
|Intensive English Course for International Students||RM 2880.00 per student per semester|
|English Language Proficiency Test||RM 1000.00 per student|
International students must present the following before they are allowed to register for Intensive English Course:
i. proof of registration (the original letter of offer which is stamped “REGISTERED” by their respective College); and
ii. international passport or smart card as identification.
Each application should enclose proof of payment of processing fee :
MYR100.00 (for local applicant); OR
MYR125.00 @ USD35.00* (for applicant from ASEAN Country); OR
MYR175.00 @ USD50.00* (for applicant from Non ASEAN Country).
*Payment in USD is only applicable for payment made from outside Malaysia
Payment can be made by the following methods :
- At UUM payment counter; OR
- Online payment in favour of Universiti Utara Malaysia
at https://e-com.uum.edu.my/ OR
- At any Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad (BIMB) branch. Specify payee code 340 in the column “Pay For” on the Bill Payment Slip; OR
- Through Telegraph Transfer for payment from outside Malaysia :
Universiti Utara Malaysia
Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad
0209 - 3010 - 0000 - 10
Bank Branch / Address
Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad (BIMB)
Universiti Utara Malaysia
06010 Sintok, Kedah
Bank Tel. No.
+604 - 928 2650 / 2651 / 2652
Click here for further information.
The cost of higher education is increasing, either due to inflation or other economic factors. As such, with the increasing cost of education and the demand of higher education, education scholarships and study loans becomes an essential.
For Local Students
- MyBRAIN15 (MyPh.D/ MyMASTER/ Ph.D Industry) under the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia (MOHE).
- National Science Fellowship (NSF) under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation Malaysia (MOSTI).
- PTPTN under Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional, Malaysia.
For International Students
- Malaysia International Scholarship under the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), Malaysia.
- Commonwealth Scholarship And Fellowship Plan (CSFP) Tenable In Malaysia under the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) Malaysia, for students from the Commonwealth Countries.